While you’re likely already following most of your friends and even some of your colleagues or family members on Instagram, there’s a simple way to make sure you’re keeping in touch with all your contacts.
The built-in contact-finding tool will access your phone’s contact list and match it with the info provided by other users. From there, they’ll show you a list of all of your phone contacts that are on the app. so that you can follow them.
And if you later decide you don’t want to keep syncing your contacts, you can turn off the feature at any time.
Here’s how to find which of your contacts are on Instagram, using the app for iPhone and Android devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to find your contacts on Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app and tap your profile icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Select the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of your profile page.
3. Choose “Discover people.”
4. When prompted, tap “Allow Access.”
5. Tap “Follow” next to the names of people you wish to add.
If you ever want to disable this feature, head into your phone or tablet’s own settings app and revoke Instagram’s permissions.