Before we talk about how to delete Reddit account, let’s discuss what exactly is Reddit and why is it so popular?
Reddit is one of the most popular social news websites and forums that has an audience of more than 330 million on a global level including Reddit desktop version and app. Most of the subreddits on the platform can serve you with the best knowledge about a particular thing whether it be Android games, web series, or any political scenario.
A lot of users find Reddit one of the most sensible platforms to get the best opinions on different topics and share their opinion as well. But there are few people who might not find Reddit useful or amusing due to any reason. Well if you fall in this category, then you can permanently delete Reddit account by following these steps.
How To Delete Reddit Account Via Browser?
- Visit the official website of Reddit, reddit.com, and log in to your account.
- Click on the top right corner of the screen that shows your User name and click the User Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open up. Now scroll down and click on the Deactivate Account button available at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the Username and Password and give feedback, if you want to.
- Check the box that confirms that “deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and click on the Deactivate button.
Please bear in mind that all your data including your posts, comments, and other stuff will be completely removed once you choose to deactivate Reddit account. Once you delete Reddit account, you can never access it again.
There is no such thing as temporarily deleting or disabling Reddit account. So be careful before deleting your account make sure you are not missing anything important.
How To Delete Reddit Account On Phone?
If you are unable to access Reddit’s desktop version and have saved password on your phone, then you can simply delete Reddit account with your Android smartphone or an iPhone with these simple steps:
- Open the Reddit app, tap the profile icon, go to Settings, scroll down, and tap the Help and FAQs button.
- A new webpage will open up, enter the term Deactivate account in the search bar and tap the search button.
- Now, Tap on ‘how do I Deactivate my account?‘ query from the results.
- Tap the link available on the newly opened page.
- Login using your ID and password
- Enter the username and password and give feedback, if you wish to.
- Tap the Deactivate button after checking the box above.
1. How To Delete Reddit Post?
You can delete a Reddit post by following these simple steps:
- Open the official website of Reddit, reddit.com, login to your Reddit account, and tap on your username available at the top right corner of the home page.
- Tap on the My Profile option from the drop-down menu, now you will see all your posts available on the screen.
- Tap on the three dots available under the post you want to delete.
- Then tap the Delete button from the drop-down menu.This step will delete your Reddit post permanently from the platform.
2. Can I Temporarily Deactivate My Reddit Account?
There is no such thing as temporarily deleting your Reddit account. The technical word used for permanently deleting your account is deactivated which may confuse you. But keep in mind that once you deactivate your Reddit account, you can never access it again because it will get deleted.
3. Does Deactivating Reddit Account Delete The Posts Too?
No, the username is removed from your posts and comments available on Reddit but they are not deleted. Hence, if you want to delete any particular post, then you should remove it before deleting your account. Once, you deactivate or delete your account, you cannot reaccess it to delete any of your posts.