If you’re a busy person with a lot going on, or you’re just generally forgetful when it comes to birthdays, holidays, or other memorable dates, keeping track of your events in a calendar can be a massive help.
The calendar on your iPhone is a great alternative to paper calendars, especially since it allows you to sync several different ones—say a work calendar and a personal one—on one device.
But what about when you want to get rid of one?
Here’s how to do it in just a few simple steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete a calendar on your iPhone
1. On your iPhone’s home screen, locate the Calendar app and tap to open it.
2. At the bottom of your screen, tap the Calendars button to display the calendars currently synced to the app.
3. Locate the calendar you wish to delete and tap the info button to the right of it. This will allow you to edit the calendar.
4. On the Edit Calendar page, scroll down to the very bottom of the screen until you see the Delete Calendar button. Tap to delete.
5. A message will appear asking you to confirm your intention to delete the calendar in question and letting you know that all events associated with the calendar will also be deleted. Click Delete Calendar again to fully delete.
While deleting a calendar is easy, adding a new one is just as simple.
How to add a new calendar on your iPhone
1. Tap the Calendar app on your iPhone’s home screen to open, then tap Add Calendar at the lower left-hand side of your screen.
2. On the next screen, give your calendar a name by typing your choice in the Calendar Name line at the top of the screen. Note that you can also select a color to associate with the calendar. Simply tap on your choice.
3. Tap Done in the upper right-hand corner of your screen when finished. Your calendar will be created and will appear in your list of active calendars. You can edit or delete this calendar at any time.