According to Apple:

Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your Apple product, such as the display, keyboard, or other exterior surfaces. Don’t use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any opening, and don’t submerge your Apple product in any cleaning agents. Don’t use on fabric or leather surfaces.

In other words, you can use disinfectant wipes but be sure not to wipe it in areas where there are holes, like the speakers, USB and charging port. Here’s a more detailed dos and don’ts from the website:

  • Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, or similar items. 
  • Avoid excessive wiping, which might cause damage. 
  • Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
  • Keep liquids away from the product, unless otherwise noted for specific products.
  • Don’t get moisture into any openings.
  • Don’t use aerosol sprays, bleaches, or abrasives.
  • Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the item.

While this is the recommendation from Apple for Apple products, this practice can also be done on your own smartphone devices as well. You can use CNBC’s guide by doing the following:

  • Turn off your device.
  • If you’re using a disinfecting wipe, gently wipe down the hard surfaces with the cloth.
  • Make sure you don’t get any liquid in the charging port or other areas, such as speaker grilles.
  • If you don’t have a disinfectant wipe, consider using a soft, lint-free cloth.
  • Don’t use paper towels or other products that might scratch the screen.
  • Don’t spray cleaner directly on the phone or use anything with bleach.
READ  Kids and phones - WILX-TV

Be safe and take care of your devices to also take care of your health.



READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here