Recent survey indicates Prescott-area customers feel more comfortable with the idea of air travel.
Audible stories made possible by the Prescott Hearing Center. Get your FREE hearing test today!
After resuming shuttle service between Prescott and the Phoenix airport in mid-August, Groome Transportation has seen an increase in demand as more travelers take to the skies and more travelers take Groome to and from the airport. One month after reopening, ridership has climbed 73% and a recent customer survey indicates a positive attitude toward air travel among Prescott customers.
When customers were asked if they would feel comfortable using air travel again, regardless if they intend to or not, 53% said they would feel comfortable using air travel right now and 25% said they would feel comfortable in 2-6 months.
When Groome asked its Prescott customers if they’d feel comfortable taking the Groome shuttle in the next 6 months, regardless if they intend to travel or not, 94% said “Yes” or “Maybe”, reflecting favorably on Groome’s new operating procedures which include frequent whole- vehicle disinfection, blocking seats and requiring face masks.
“We’ve gone to great lengths to enhance our safety and cleaning protocols prior to reopening,” said Vince Groome, the third-generation CEO of his family’s business. “We’ve been a part of Prescott for over 30 years when we operated as Arizona Shuttle and are encouraged by the continued trust and support from the community. Anyone who’s ready to travel can rest assured that Groome is providing the safest possible shuttle experience to and from the Phoenix airport.”
Similar to new policies and procedures implemented by major airlines, Groome has made changes for the safety and comfort of its customers and employees, including the following:
- Fogging vehicles after every use with a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer and a high- grade, EPA-registered disinfectant which is effective against coronaviruses.
- Making EPA-approved cleaning supplies available to drivers for regular wipe downs of high touch surfaces.
- Implementing social distancing in vehicles by reducing the number of passengers permitted per vehicle and blocking certain seats.
- Requiring all drivers and passengers to wear face masks.
- Facilitating a regular supply of fresh, filtered air into the vehicle.
- Training all Groome employees on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Groome Transportation is a leading provider of scheduled transportation services throughout the U.S., connecting over 120 cities to 13 major hub airports. Additionally, Groome provides dedicated transportation services to some of the most prestigious hospitals and universities in the U.S. Since 1934, Groome has provided safe, reliable, and comfortable transportation services to passengers throughout the U.S.