Piers Morgan will appear on Tucker Carlson‘s Fox News show on Monday in his first on-camera interview since leaving Good Morning Britain (GMB), following a row over comments he made about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Mr Morgan stormed off GMB‘s set last month after he was criticised by a colleague for questioning the validity of some of the claims made by the couple in their talk with Ms Winfrey.

The former Daily Mirror editor dismissed remarks by the Duchess of Sussex describing her mental health struggles and suicidal thoughts.

His comments generated nearly 60,000 complaints to the British television regulator, Ofcom. On 9 March Mr Morgan said he “didn’t believe” a word the duchess said in the interview. He left the programme hours later.

The former Celebrity Apprentice winner’s interview with Mr Carlson will be broadcast at 4pm EDT on Monday (8pm GMT). It is being billed as an opportunity for Mr Morgan to tell his side of the story after being supposedly being “cancelled”.

Read more:

In a clip to promote the interview, Mr Carlson claimed that Mr Morgan was “banished” from UK television for “asking a simple question”.

“How is it that the most privileged people in our society get away with posing as the most oppressed?” Mr Calrson says of his upcoming interviewee’s comments on Harry and Meghan.

“And for asking that, of course, they crushed him – they took his job away.”

In a tweet on Monday morning, Mr Morgan said it was “time America got the actual truth” on the comments he made about the duke and duchess.

READ  Caroline Flack: ITV boss says staff 'devastated' by her death

Mr Morgan, like his interviewer, has amassed a large following with his often outspoken views.



READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here