May 26, 2020 — On the May edition of First Person, the leaders of three community foundations in the North Country explain how they plan to be safe spaces for nonprofits who are devising ideas to weather the pandemic.
Plus, why – and how – faculty and staff at SUNY Potsdam set out to make a phone call to every student enrolled there this semester. We preview the upcoming episode of North Country Bookmarks, featuring New York Times bestselling author Emily St. John Mandel. And Nathalie Thill from the Adirondack Center for Writing shares two virtual storytelling initiatives.
Mitch Teich and Bonnie NorthFirst Person: Community foundations as safe spaces, SUNY Potsdam works the phones, and a virtual Howl this summer
Guests on the May episode of First Person
- Alicia Dicks, President and CEO, Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties
- Rande Richardson, Executive Director, Northern New York Community Foundation
- Cali Brooks, President and CEO, Adirondack Foundation
- Sean Partridge, Director. Student Success Center, SUNY Potsdam
- Gretchen Galbraith, Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, SUNY Potsdam
- Jessica Lawrence, host, North Country Bookmarks
- Nathalie Thill, Executive Director, Adirondack Center for Writing