Facebook launches Avatars in India: How to create
- To create your avatar, go to the Facebook comment sector or Facebook Messenger
- The Messenger feature is available only on Android as of now. Facebook will roll out for iOS devices soon.
Facebook has announced the launch of Avatars in India. With our social interaction taking place online majorly, it’s becomes important to express yourself on the social media platform. Avatars will allow you to create a digital persona which is uniquely representative of you and will allow you to share a range of emotions and expressions in a personalised manner.
Starting today, people in India will be able to make an Avatar, a cartoon-like version of themselves by choosing from a variety of faces, hairstyles and outfits that have been specially customised for India. You’ll also be able to use your Avatar in Facebook comments, stories, your profile picture and Facebook Messenger chat windows and can even share it on WhatsApp chats.
How to create your avatar:
Facebooks’ Avatar creator enables people to customize how they want to represent themselves across many dimensions such as facial features, hair, and outfits (to name a few!). This creator can be accessed from Bookmarks from the FB app, as well as from the comment composer. It’s also easy to access the avatar creator from someone else’s avatar shared across Facebook.
- To create your avatar, use your mobile device and go to the Facebook or Messenger comment composer.
- Click on the “smiley” button, and then the sticker tab.
- Click “Create Your Avatar”! Or find the avatar creator in the Bookmarks section in your Facebook app.
It is important to note that Avatar creation from Messenger is currently only available on Android, but will be rolled on iOS soon.