VR/AR

Ethan Crumbley: Sheriff says Oxford is ‘inundated with threats’ following school shooting and panic at vigil



Officials have warned that Oxford has been “inundated with threats” following this week’s deadly high school shooting, after a vigil for the victims descended into chaos on Friday night.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said in a press conference on Saturday afternoon that the tight-knit town in Michigan had been rocked by a “huge spike in threats” in the aftermath of Tuesday’s massacre at Oxford High School.

“We’re inundated with threats right now,” he said.

“We have threats against the candlelight vigil last night. We’ve had threats against memorials, we had threats against  individuals, deputies or law enforcement.

“It’s absolutely absurd that after a tragedy we see a huge spike in threats but that’s what we’re seeing.”

Four students were shot and killed and seven other students and staff were wounded in Tuesday’s shooting spree which marked the deadliest school shooting in the US since 2018.

Ethan Crumbley, a 15-year-old sophomore at the school, was arrested at the scene and taken into custody. He was charged as an adult with 24 counts including four charges of first-degree murder and one count of terrorism.

Panic erupted at a vigil held in memory of the four victims on Friday night when someone fainted, sparking fears of another attack and sending terrified community members running for their lives.

Footage captured by Local4 News showed hundreds of people frantically fleeing the scene in terror.

Law enforcement treated the individual in need and managed to quell the chaos, allowing the vigil to continue.



READ SOURCE

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.