Microsoft Romania continues the tradition and organizes, between November 24-26, 2020, the fourth edition of the biggest tech event of the year – Microsoft Tech Day.
This year, Microsoft Tech Day will take place online and, as always, will bring together leaders in the hi-tech industry, who will present the news regarding digital transformation and innovation through technology.
Aimed primarily at IT professionals and technology enthusiasts, the event will focus on exploring the latest technology solutions for application development, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity, as well as their optimal integration into business models.
Technology innovation and digital transformation today define the evolution of the business environment, being two important components of economic recovery, both locally and internationally. Microsoft invests approximately USD 16 billion annually in research and development. Through its products and solutions, the company aims to contribute to the global economic recovery, especially in the context in which the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the digital transformation. Thus, new perspectives are required for global organizations, which must adopt new technologies as soon as possible in order to be able to successfully align with the dynamics of today’s economy.
During this event, Microsoft Romania aims to bring to the attention of participants, and not only, the need to develop digital skills in society, this being a component that the company places special emphasis on its programs.
The experts (in software development, security, architecture and IT) will also present news in the field of hi-tech and will address various topics (from cyber threats, to the latest solutions developed by Microsoft, such as Azure Synapse or news available in the Microsoft .NET5 platform) through hands-on sessions, technical demos and case studies.
Violeta Luca, General Manager of Microsoft Romania, will speak at the opening of the event about how the continuous development of technologies and tools can fuel the digital transformation and can support us to achieve more. Speakers at this year’s edition include: Jonathan Woodward (Azure Business Group Lead, Microsoft Central Eastern Europe), Hrvoje Klapan (Modern Work Business Group Lead, Microsoft Central Eastern Europe), Paula Januszkiewicz (CQURE CEO and Security Expert, Microsoft MVP, Radu Vunvulea (Group Head of Cloud, Endava, Microsoft MVP) and Ciprian Jichici, General Manager (Genisoft, and Chief Data Scientist, Solliance).
The event will be structured over three days, as follows:
– Radu Vunvulea will bring to the participants’ attention the topic of good practices in the use of the latest applications, taking into account the restrictions imposed by the business or budget model, as well as the technical ones.
- Day 2: #Data & #ArtificialIntelligence
– Jonathan Woodward will talk about the importance of properly processing the data collected, showing various ways in which this resource can contribute to the growth and development of a business.
– Ciprian Jichici will explain how a company can develop customized Machine Learning solutions, using data processing and security services, available through Azure Machine Learning.
- Day 3: #Security & #Management
– Hrvoje Klapan will discuss the latest trends in cyber security, explaining how Microsoft chooses to address issues related to this topic.
– Paula Januszkiewicz will also address the subject of cyber attacks, bringing to the attention of participants the importance of securing IT infrastructure in order to better understand security threats.
The registration form and the complete agenda of the event are available here.