Earlier this month Apple CEO Tim Cook revised the quarterly guidance due to production loss and weak demand in China owed to the Coronavirus outburst. Now, a new report claims that other than the sales, Apple’s successor device, the iPhone 9, may also face the brunt of the Coronavirus outburst.
As per a GizChina report, the iPhone 9 launch will be delayed to the Coronavirus pandemic. This report upholds a separate report by Nikkei Asian Review, which says that Apple will omit the mass production schedule for its forthcoming budget iPhone SE 2. The report also suggests that due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the supply of its existing iPhone lineup could remain low till April.
At an event on March 31, Apple said it would launch the iPhone SE successor, and the device may go on sale on April 3. This year in February, the mass production will begin. Though this timeline has been disrupted and the device mass production will start sometime possibly in March.
Distinctly, reports have also hinted that the iPhone 9 will have a 4.7-inch display with a home screen button that has the Touch ID. The upcoming smartphone is likely to come with an iPhone 8-like design with a single camera at the rear, and on the top, it may have thick bezels. Though, some reports also suggest that the budget iPhone will come with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and a smaller 4-inch screen. The A13 chipset will power the iPhone SE 2 that also powers the Apple 2019 iPhones, and it will be coming in 64GB and 128GB storage variants.