SAN FRANCISCO, May 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Black Hat, the world’s leading producer of information security events, has revealed its Briefings lineup for the 2020 virtual conference and expo taking place August 1st – 6th. Today’s most influential information security professionals will share critical vulnerabilities and research that affect widely used Android devices, the upcoming U.S. presidential election, healthcare solutions and more.
The 2020 program features a robust lineup of Briefings. Highlights include:
- Mobile research, including several vulnerabilities found in the Samsung S10 Secure Boot that allows attackers to retrieve sensitive data from a locked device. In another talk, Google’s VP of Engineering for Android Security & Privacy will provide an overview of the current state of Android security and will unveil a new standard to assess the security of internet connected devices.
- A talk on election security that will take a closer look into the lessons learned from nearly a decade of election interference activities linked to the Russian military’s espionage and special forces agency, offering insight on how these strategies and tactics could be used in future instances of election interference.
- Exploit development, including a new exploit chain named TiYunZong that can remotely root a wide range of Qualcomm-based Android devices; and two vulnerabilities in SecureKernel in Windows 10 that could allow an attacker to compromise Microsoft’s virtualization-based security model.
- CorpSec research, with a talk on vulnerabilities within healthcare technology such as patient display systems, pharmacy distribution solutions, temperature monitoring systems and more; and a talk on the widely used SAP Solution Manager that highlights how an attacker can compromise all systems in the SAP landscape.
- A next-generation social engineering attack, where a researcher will present a live demonstration of creating a bot over text, voice, or video that can be used to impersonate someone online and social engineer victims.
View all abstracts for announced Briefings here: blackhat.com/us-20/briefings/schedule/index.html
In addition to technical Briefings, Black Hat’s virtual event will also feature nearly 80 Trainings, community and sponsored programming, a virtual Business Hall, Arsenal program, PWNIE Awards, CISO Summit, and networking opportunities. Registration ranges from a free Business Hall pass to $995 for an all-access Briefings pass.
For more information and to register for the virtual event, visit: blackhat.informatech.com/usa/2020
Global & Sustaining Partners of Black Hat USA include: Sustaining Partners: CrowdStrike, Darktrace, ExtraHop, Jacobs, KnowBe4, Mimecast, Qualys, Recorded Future, SecurityScorecard; Global Partners: CheckSec, DomainTools, Facebook, Jacobs, KnowBe4, Qualys, Inc., Recorded Future, Synopsys, Varonis, VMRay
About Black Hat
For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is brought to you by Informa Tech.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global Technology community. We’re an international business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programmes each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. Learn more about Informa Tech.
Black Hat PR