You don’t always have to go out for an expensive dinner on Valentine’s Day! Here to show us six fun games that let you spend some fun quality time with your significant other is gaming expert Ajay Fry. From fun puzzle games to exciting action-adventure experiences, all of these games are guaranteed to give you both a cute and enjoyable Valentine’s Day.
Check them out below, and watch the video above for our whole chat with Ajay!
- Available on PC, PS3, XBOX 360
- A first-person perspective puzzle game – like a series of escape rooms that grow more challenging and fun
- In the co-op splitscreen campaign, you play as robots P-Body and Atlas
- 5 Courses with 8 ‘chapters’ – a full night or a few weeks worth of content
- Additional maps as DLC, or user created
LOVERS IN A DANGEROUS SPACETIME
- Available on XBOX ONE, PS4, NINTENDO SWITCH
- Released in 2015 by Asteroid Base – a Toronto based developer
- Cute and colourful co-op gameplay – up to 4 players!
- You work together to control a spaceship, rescuing captive bunnies, ducks, frogs and foxes
- Collect gems to power-up your ship with new abilities and features
- 4 campaigns / four levels and boss fights
RIVER CITY GIRLS
- Available on NINTENDO SWITCH, PS4, XBOX ONE and PC
- A 2019 game by WayForward & Arc System Works
- A co-Op brawler that parodies 1980’s gaming tropes
- Play as Kyoko or Misako (similar play) but unique special moves
- Rescue your boyfriends by conquering six areas, with six bosses to defeat
- Revive your fallen partner by kicking their soul back into their body
- Amazing soundtrack!
A WAY OUT
- Available on XBOX ONE and PS4
- Released in 2018 by Hazelight Studios
- Uniquely two-player action adventure game with innovative splitscreen third person perspectives
- Play as prisoners Leo and Vincent – break out and evade authorities
- A mystery to unravel that relies on teamwork and coordination
- Multiple ways to solve puzzles and multiple endings
- Available on MOBILE and NINTENDO SWITCH (Available February 13)
- Released in 2018 by Mountains
- A unique and beautiful mobile game – find love, lose love and find yourself
- Not an anti-love game, but ultimately about self empowerment