Overall score: 69/100
Tested February 2019
We may earn commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Want a Bluetooth speaker that’s light enough to carry around with your regularly? The Sharp GX-BT280 is a great choice. Its sound is clear, although we did experience a little distortion at loud volumes on occasions. It comes with a fabric loop so it can be hung up during use and can even be used as a speakerphone if a call comes through to your mobile when you’re listening to music through the speaker. Even better, it has a microphone on it so you can quickly summon your voice assistant without getting your phone out of your pocket.
Available from: box.co.uk
Price when tested: £69.99
GHI Expert Verdict
The Sharp GX-BT280 is a portable speaker that overall sounds good, but it does suffer from a little distortion at times, so it’s not one for audiophiles. But, if you need a speaker that delivers on simplicity and practicality then this could definitely be one to consider.
- Ease of use: 2.8/5
- Design: 3.5/5
- Instructions: 4/5
- Performance: 3.6/5
- The battery lasts up to 12 hours and recharges in 3 hours
- It comes with an 3.5mm cable, so you can play music from devices that don’t have Bluetooth
- You can play, pause and skip tracks without getting your phone out of your pocket using the buttons on the speaker
- Cylindrical design means you get the same sound no matter where in the room you are
We Didn’t Like
- There is a visual battery level indicator but it’s not intuitive to use
- There’s no way of pairing the speaker with others to increase the sound or create a multi-room system
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.