Overall score: 69/100
Tested February 2019
We may earn commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
If you need a smartphone on a budget, the Nuu Mobile G3 costs just under £200 and will provide you with most of the features you’d get from an expensive handset. It’s not as fast at browsing the web or opening apps, and its camera isn’t going to shoot professional photos, but it gets the job done. Its sleek and shiny design gives it a premium look and feel, and it comes with a protective case. Its display is mediocre but that shouldn’t put you off if you’re not that fussed about having an ultra-clear and vibrant screen.
Available from: nuumobile.com
Price when tested: £199.99
GHI Expert Verdict
The Nuu Mobile G3 will do you well if you need a simple device, it’s comfortable to hold and will fit easily into your pocket. It’s a smartphone that looks high-end and performs well considering its affordable price.
- Ease of use: 3.5/5
- Design: 4/5
- Instructions: 3.5/5
- Performance: 3.4/5
- The camera has handy features like a beauty mode and a depth of field effect that will focus on the part of the image you want while blurring the rest
- A fingerprint sensor makes it quick to unlock the phone
- The battery lasted a respectable 7.5 hours in our video playback tests
- It supports NFC so you can pay using Google Pay through the handset
We Didn’t Like
- The touchscreen isn’t very responsive at times
- There’s no headphone jack so you’ll have to rely on the adaptor that comes with the handset to plug in your headphones
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.