Overall score: 85/100
Tested February 2019
We may earn commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
If you’re looking for a powerful home speaker, the Marshall Stanmore II Voice is a great option. We expect only the best from this iconic rock and roll brand, and the sound on this speaker doesn’t disappoint.
You get full control over the bass and treble with the classic dials on the device, as well as even more detailed control in its accompanying smartphone app. It’ll give you a great performance no matter what your taste is.
Adding a modern twist, Marshall has integrated Voice Assistants, we checked out the Amazon Alexa version, but you can buy it with a Google Assistant instead. So, not only can you blast out clean and precise audio, but you can also do it using just your voice.
Available from: marshallheadphones.com
Price when tested: £349.99
GHI Expert Verdict
At £349.99, the Marshall Stanmore II Voice doesn’t come cheap and considering the price tag, it’s not stuffed full of features, lacking some that you would hope for in a product like this including multi-room functionality and the ability to connect multiple devices at once. But, if you’re willing to splash out on impressive sound then we would definitely recommend this speaker.
- Ease of use: 2.8/5
- Design: 4/5
- Instructions: 4.5/5
- Performance: 4.9/5
- The easy to use smartphone app has equaliser presets for each genre, as well as the option for custom settings
- As well as having wi-fi, Bluetooth and auxiliary connectivity, this speaker also has an RCA input
- It has the timeless Marshall design with a textured vinyl cover and sturdy wooden frame
We Didn’t Like
- Controlling the music from the device itself is quite fiddly as one button is used to pause, play, and skip forwards and backwards
- There is no multi-room functionality with this speaker, Marshall says this is ‘coming soon’
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.