The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
There are five new Echo devices on sale on Amazon this week, ranging from the $25 Amazon Smart Plug to the $130 Echo Sub.
Here are the tech specs for these devices to help you make sense of them and figure out which one you actually want to buy. You may want to upgrade your second-generation Echo Dot to the third-generation, but you may also prefer to stick with what you’ve got for now:
- Echo Dot, $49.99: The third-generation Echo Dot is still Amazon’s entry-level smart speaker, and it’s still only $50. It still has all of the same features as a full-sized Echo. The second-generation Dot had a weak speaker, but Amazon upgraded the third generation so it’s now 70% louder. The Dot’s look is also refreshed; its fabric covering looks a lot nicer.
- Echo Show, $229.99: Another device enjoying better features at the same price is the Echo Show, which now features a 10-inch HD display and an eight-mic array. Sound and image quality are more crisp, and you’ll be able to voice commands to Alexa even as music is playing.
- Echo Plus, $149.99: The new Echo Plus boasts sound improvements like stronger bass and clearer sound; a sensor that triggers routines based on the room’s temperature; and voice control options that still work when your Internet isn’t working. It also has a built-in Zigbee smart home hub to make it easier to set up compatible smart home devices.
- Echo Sub, $129.99: The Echo Sub is a six-inch woofer that delivers 100W deep bass sound. You can pair it with one or two Echo devices to create a wireless 2.1 audio audio system.
- Amazon Smart Plug, $24.99: Another totally new accessory, the Smart Plug brings Alexa compatibility to older, dumber appliances. It adds voice control to any outlet, no smart home hub necessary. Simply plug it in, open the Alexa app, and use a voice command to turn your appliances on and off. You can even set whatever is plugged into the Smart Plug to turn on or off to a schedule.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter. You’ll be the first to hear about the stuff we review. Sign up. Follow us on Pinterest. Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find all the best offers on the web, visit our Coupons page.