Who are we?
buzzgroup is a growing insurtech company that’s already making waves. Based in Soho, but with customers from across the UK, Europe and around the world, our vision is to empower customers to share their data on their terms – using the latest cutting edge technology.
At heart, we’re using information to improve the way people live. Currently, we’re building a private asset vault on the blockchain, enabling people to store, protect and manage the things they love while also offering them the world’s first truly intelligent and personalised home insurance. We’ve got a track record of rapid growth – and backing from some of the world’s leading investors.
We’re always looking for top talent to help us realise our vision of a secure, data-empowered future. Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Experience in consuming RESTful web services and communicating with external systems
- Capable of working with business and design teams for rapid prototyping and interface design
- Solving challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive app
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with small product teams
- Analytical, debugging/troubleshooting, coding, and communication skills
- Develop Android code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Architect reusable components and libraries to be used across multiple client apps
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contributing to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities
- Working to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc)
- Influence and contribute to group discussions and incorporate feedback/communication from broader team
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.)
- Own and lead delivery of major components and platform needs in partnership with senior engineers and Architects
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is required
- Java development experience
- Android Application development experience
- Good knowledge in Object-Oriented Design Patterns
- Committed to elegant, reliable, and intuitive software
- Software Engineer with a strong track record of shipping apps
- Vitality Private Medical Insurance
- Simplyhealth Cash Plan
- Monthly Sanctus 1:1 Personal Coaching
- £500 annual credit towards learning
- Magical self-replenishing fridge full of soft drinks and organic fruit
- Deliveroo if working late
- Monthly team socials
- Monthly team lunches
- Birthday perks (beer and Amazon gift voucher)
- Top notch coffee
- VR gaming equipment
buzzmove is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.